Eva is a nationally recognized Master Storyteller, specializing in Jewish Folklore, and an expert on interactive storytelling techniques. In her signature style, Eva can offer your students, teachers and congregants creative strategies to enrich Jewish learning. Her dynamic presentations have a lasting impact on audiences of all ages.
Eva started her career as a Jewish Storyteller while teaching at a Hebrew School in Closter NJ. She continued to teach for over 15 years while developing her repertoire of interactive Jewish folklore. She tutors b’nai mitzvah students and leads High Holiday programs.
After surviving a life-threatening illness, Eva expanded her work to include bikkur cholim workshops. She has been the Artist/Scholar-in-Residence at synagogues nationwide.
Eva has recorded on CD, A Story A Day, Absolute Chanukah and Proud To Be Jewish. She co-produced and co-wrote the video, The Secret in Bubbe’s Attic. Eva is the author of M.C. the Globetrotter, M.C. Plays Hide & Seek, and My Story Legacy, a 12-page guide to document personal stories, a gift more valuable than material possessions.
Consider Eva for Your:
- Event Keynote
- Teacher In-Service, Professional Day, Educator Workshop
- Assembly Program
- Family Education, Parent Workshop
- Women’s Group
- High Holiday Programming
- Bikur Cholim / Caring Committee
- B’nai Mitzvah Confirmation Class Program
- Story Development for your Rabbi
What the Audience is Saying
“She is one of those speakers who changes your life with her words.“
“She had a tremendous impact on the lives of our students and families. Five stars!“
“If I forget to do Eva’s bedtime routine with our children, they ask for it!“
“…Active participation on stage with her – impressive!’“
Eva’s interactive programs have been experienced at:
- The 92nd Street Y, NYC
- Jewish Museum, NYC
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Israeli Independence Day Festival, Philadelphia
- Houston Jewish Festival
- American Jewish Theatre
- The Granit Hotel, Catskills NY
- The Jewish Learning Center
- Bim Bam Institute
- Institute for Jewish-Christian Understanding
- Institute for Jewish Leadership
- CAJE Conferences
- Donna Klein Jewish Academy
- Charles E Smith Jewish Day School
- Solomon Schecter Day Schools
- UJC, JEA and Hadassah events
All programs are approximately 1 hour in length and can be tailored to any theme.
Jewish Tales With A Twist: Interactive Storytelling
Through Jewish Folklore, Eva engages and teaches listeners of all ages and learning abilities. She invites as many as 30 audience members to spontaneously role-play stories emphasizing Derech Eretz, Tikkun Olam, and Tzedakah. (All Ages)
- Enhance Jewish concepts through stories
- Improve information retention and learning
- Promote positive interaction between classmates
Sneak a peak at Eva’s Chanukah Rap with world famous Beat Boxer Spencer Knight
Walk The Talk: Hands-On Storytelling Techniques For Educators
Achieve multi-sensory learning through reading a simple Jewish Folktale, or telling a familiar story (Chanukah/Purim). Engage imaginations with uniquely interactive techniques to introduce Jewish concepts, Hebrew vocabulary and history.
- Gain a new perspective on your student’s learning abilities
- Facilitate recall
- Boost self-esteem
Jewish Rituals Rich with Reward
How do we bring meaningful interactions into busy lifestyles? Learn how Shabbat, bedtime Shema, and sharing Mitzvot can become avenues for teaching Jewish concepts while nourishing a foundation of family communication.
- Explore meaningful and memorable Jewish family traditions
- Empower your child to recognize their value
- Create a legacy of your family values
When the Going Gets Tough, Who Gets Going?: Leadership Skills and Bikkur Cholim
(B’nai Mitzvah and Adults)
Intimately understand how faith, prayer, and friendship impact life’s hard times. What do you say? Should you visit? How can you help? Through stories about overcoming a life-threatening illness, Eva empowers listeners with concrete tools to inspire a personal connection to prayer, God and their Jewish community.
- Build positive energy in the face of adversity
- Identify how to use life’s challenges as a change mechanism
- Find courage to stretch your ‘comfort zone’
Tropaerobics: Torah and Haftorah
Choreograph the Torah trop symbols through ‘urban’ movement while singing the musical notes. This workshop is for beginners or for educators who want a physical method for teaching Trope. (All Ages)
- Recognize the name and shape of the trope symbol
- Master how to sing all the major trope groups
- Facilitate recall through physical memory
To Be ‘Hip’ from the Pulpit Or Not To Be, It’s All In The Story: Interactive Storytelling Techniques for Rabbis
Engaging stories are memorable. Eva provides strategies and interactive tools for Rabbis to connect children and adults to the stories they tell. Pick a story, call Eva, and she will, talk you through the many ways you can spontaneously involve members of the congregation with sound effects, hand gestures, group responses, and even as a character in the story. Typed notes included.
- Update your story making the message more modern
- Enhance your story with role-play
- Infuse your story with a heart-felt connection
A Typical Hebrew School Session
Parents invited to the full morning session.
|8-9AM||Bagel breakfast for teachers with inservice workshop on interactive storytelling techniques before school begins.|
|9-10AM||Parent workshop with Bagels/coffee|
|10:15-11:15AM||Performance for entire school and parents|
Can be repeated for schools with afternoon sessions.
- Include a Leadership Workshop for Bnai Mitzvah and Confirmation students.
- Include a one-on-one coaching session with the clergy on interactive stories from the pulpit
Online Passover Seders
During the 2020 quarantine, families doing online Passover Seders may prefer a shortened fun version of the Hagaddah. Download, print and share this link with your seder attendees.
NOTE: The last page is optional for printing. If you intend on using this Hagaddah in the future, the last page will be a valuable addition.
What Clients Are Saying
‘I use Eva’s unique techniques for teaching Trop, because they work!’
Mark Shrager, Rabbi
Bnai Abraham Synagogue
‘Teenagers are a tough audience; you knew just how to rope them in and inspire them.’
Center for Jewish Education, Baltimore, Maryland
‘Eva had a tremendous impact on the lives of our students and families. Five stars!’
Anne Andrew PhD
Jewish Federation, Vancouver, BC
‘Eva weaves sound pedagogical principles into her art – extremely engaging!”
Evie Levy Rotstein Ed.D.
Leadership Institute, Hebrew Union College, NY
‘Everyone is raving! Many consider Eva the best storyteller/speaker we ever had!’