While Eva Grayzel pursued a career as an actress in NYC after college, she worked in Jewish Education. Interactive storytelling was her speciality, particularly in Jewish Folklore. She has substituted as a cantor at services, tutored Bar/BatMitzvah students and teaches trope. After surviving late stage oral cancer, she has become an international motivational speaker on the patient perspective. As a storyteller and survivor, she emphasizes life values in every program. Whether it’s an interactive Jewish storytelling program, a parenting program, educator workshop, or a program on the power of story for future generations, Eva will leave a lasting impression with easy-to-start routines to make life meaningful, memorable and more Jewish.
- Three-time Award-winning M.C. Plays Hide & Seek. Order 5+ books and receive 40% off with code MCPlays40. More information.
- Second children’s book in series to minimize fear and promote dialogue around cancer, Mr. C the Globetrotter.
- A 12-page guide to document personal stories, My Story Legacy, a gift as valuable as material possessions.
- A booklet with 13 Chanukah Sing-Alongs for your Candle-Lighting. Includes a brief history of the holiday and directions for playing Dreidel.
- Professionally produced online video, Rosh Hashana Video with Storyteller Eva Grayzel. Also available for one price for an entire synagogue. For young families ages 3-11
- A short & sweet, interactive and inclusive Mini-Hagaddah for your Passover Seder.
- Co-Producer/Writer of children’s Jewish holiday video from 1991, The Secret in Bubbe’s Attic
- Eva’s Chanukah Rap with world-renown Spencer BeatBoxer. Download a FREE PDF of the lyrics to use as curriculum.
- Eva’s Jonah And The Whale Rap for Yom Kippur or anytime of the year!
Out of print:
Three Story and Music CD’s: A Story A Day, Absolute Chanukah and Proud To Be Jewish.
Consider Eva for Your:
- Event Keynote
- Teacher In-Service, Professional Day, Educator Workshop
- Assembly Program
- Family Education, Parent Workshop
- Women’s Group
- High Holiday Programming
- Bikur Cholim / Caring Committee
- B’nai Mitzvah Confirmation Class Program
- Story Development for your Rabbi/Leadership
What the Audience is Saying
“She is one of those speakers who changes your life with her words.“
“She had a tremendous impact on the lives of our students and families. Five stars!“
“If I forget to do Eva’s bedtime routine with our children, they ask for it!“
“…Active participation on stage with her – impressive!’“
Programs for the following organizations include: Interactive storytelling performances, Scholar-in-residence, Artist-in-residence, Teacher-in-Service and Professional Days.
- The 92nd Street Y, NYC
- Jewish Museum, NYC
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Israeli Independence Day Festival, Philadelphia
- Houston Jewish Festival
- Institute for Jewish-Christian Understanding
- Institute for Jewish Leadership
- CAJE Conferences
- Solomon Schecter Day Schools
- UJC, JEA and Hadassah events
All programs are approximately 1 hour in length and can be tailored to any theme.
Jewish Tales With A Twist: Interactive Storytelling
Through Jewish Folklore, Eva engages and teaches listeners of all ages and learning abilities. She invites as many as 30 audience members to spontaneously role-play stories emphasizing Derech Eretz, Tikkun Olam, and Tzedakah. (All Ages)
- Enhance Jewish concepts through stories
- Improve information retention and learning
- Promote positive interaction between classmates
Sneak a peak at Eva’s Chanukah Rap with world famous Beat Boxer Spencer Knight
Walk The Talk: Hands-On Storytelling Techniques For Educators
Achieve multi-sensory learning through reading a simple Jewish Folktale, or telling a familiar story (Chanukah/Purim). Engage imaginations with uniquely interactive techniques to introduce Jewish concepts, Hebrew vocabulary and history.
- Gain a new perspective on your student’s learning abilities
- Facilitate recall
- Boost self-esteem
Jewish Rituals Rich with Reward
How do we bring meaningful interactions into busy lifestyles? Learn concrete tools to infuse everyday events like family dinners, bedtime, birthday presents and tzedakah, with easy-to-do changes that highlight Jewish rituals. Empower future generations with your values.
- Explore simple ways to infuse Jewish traditions into daily routines
- Draw children into the beauty of their Jewish heritage
- Create a legacy of your family values
When the Going Gets Tough, Who Gets Going?: Leadership Skills and Bikkur Cholim
(B’nai Mitzvah and Adults)
Intimately understand how faith, prayer and friendship impact life’s hard times. What do you say? Should you visit? How can you help? Through stories about her personal experience overcoming a life-threatening illness, Eva empowers listeners with a deeper understanding of prayer, human nature, coping skills and the support network.
- Build positive energy in the face of adversity
- Identify how to use life’s challenges as a change mechanism
- Find courage to stretch your ‘comfort zone’
Tropaerobics: Torah and Haftorah
Choreograph the Torah trop symbols through ‘urban’ movement while singing the musical notes. This workshop is for beginners or for educators who want a physical method for teaching Trope. (All Ages)
- Recognize the name and shape of the trope symbol
- Master how to sing all the major trope groups
- Facilitate recall through physical memory
To Be ‘Hip’ from the Pulpit Or Not To Be, It’s All In The Story: Interactive Storytelling Techniques for Rabbis
Engaging stories are memorable. Eva provides strategies and interactive tools for Rabbis to connect children and adults to the stories they tell. Pick a story, call Eva, and she will, talk you through the many ways you can spontaneously involve members of the congregation with sound effects, hand gestures, group responses, and even as a character in the story. Typed notes included.
- Update your story making the message more modern
- Enhance your story with role-play
- Infuse your story with a heart-felt connection
A Typical Hebrew School Session
Parents invited to the full morning session.
|8-9AM||Bagel breakfast for teachers with inservice workshop on interactive storytelling techniques before school begins.|
|9-10AM||Parent workshop with Bagels/coffee|
|10:15-11:15AM||Performance for entire school and parents|
Can be repeated for schools with afternoon sessions.
- Include a Leadership Workshop for Bnai Mitzvah and Confirmation students.
- Include a one-on-one coaching session with the clergy on interactive stories from the pulpit
Online Passover Seders
During the 2020 quarantine, families doing online Passover Seders may prefer a shortened fun version of the Hagaddah. Download, print and share this link with your seder attendees.
NOTE: The last page is optional for printing. If you intend on using this Hagaddah in the future, the last page will be a valuable addition.
What Clients Are Saying
‘I use Eva’s unique techniques for teaching Trop, because they work!’
Mark Shrager, Rabbi
Bnai Abraham Synagogue
‘Teenagers are a tough audience; you knew just how to rope them in and inspire them.’
Center for Jewish Education, Baltimore, Maryland
‘Eva had a tremendous impact on the lives of our students and families. Five stars!’
Anne Andrew PhD
Jewish Federation, Vancouver, BC
‘Eva weaves sound pedagogical principles into her art – extremely engaging!”
Evie Levy Rotstein Ed.D.
Leadership Institute, Hebrew Union College, NY
‘Everyone is raving! Many consider Eva the best storyteller/speaker we ever had!’